Website registration is now closed for this event.
Don’t just attend PeteFest; be a part of it! In exchange for becoming a PeteFest 2017 volunteer, you’ll receive a full refund on your ticket purchase. Plus, when you’re not working, you get to experience the festival! Or, since we are non-profit, fight for a good cause with us by contributing from your refund and receive a tax deduction. The choice is yours!
Please read the volunteer requirements, information and terms & conditions completely before submitting an application. Volunteer positions will be assigned based on festival needs.
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at PeteFest Music Festival?
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older on or before September 8th, 2017.
- You will be required to pay the cost of a ticket for the day you are interested in volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering all 3 days – buy a weekend pass. (If you choose to purchase a VIP weekend pass and choose to volunteer, you will be refunded the general admission cost and not receive the VIP extra cost in your refund – but get all of the VIP perks, of course!)
- Once you have purchased your ticket, fill out and submit the volunteer application. You will be notified via email. Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration. This will be the main way that we communicate with you.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts. Please check-in 15 minutes before your shift.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers will be provided a lanyard to wear while working and are required to take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal drugs for volunteers.
- While on your shift, if you are caught under the influence, you will lose your access to the festival. Please wait until after your shift for that type of fun!
What are the shifts like?
All volunteer shifts are 3 hour shifts.
Where will I be working? Can I choose where I will be placed?
Shifts in each department fill up on a first come, first serve basis. Additional shifts may open up closer to the festival if/when someone cancels. Some of the possibilities include:
- Site Setup
- Main Entry/Check-in
- Artist Hospitality
- First Aid
- Site Breakdown
What are the perks of being a PeteFest volunteer?
- Attend the festival at your leisure outside of your work shifts
- Participate in the inner-workings of the 2017 PeteFest Music Festival
- Have an awesome experience all while supporting a great cause!
Why do I have to purchase a ticket before I can volunteer?
By buying a ticket, it shows us that you’re committed to being at the event. After you’ve checked in and completed your shift – all tickets will be refunded within 5 business days after the event.
My bestie is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
When you and your friend fill out your applications, be sure to indicate their name. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs, we cannot guarantee that you will share assignments with your friends, but we will certainly try!
When do I show up for my shift?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your assigned volunteer shift begins and be ready to work. As we get closer to the big weekend, additional details will be sent via email about checking in for your shift/s!
What if I have to cancel?
If you need to cancel, be sure to cancel your application As Soon As Possible via email [email protected]
How can I assure that I get on my preferred volunteer crew?
There are no guarantees of volunteer placements. If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew, please note that on the application. We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to lend a helping hand!
Is transportation or accommodation provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. Feel free to purchase a camping spot and stay the weekend with us camping!
I already bought a ticket, but I would still like to help out for a few hours. Can I do that?
Yes! Please use the same name and/or email you used to purchase your ticket and be ready to sign up for a minimum of 3 hours for a shift.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds will be honored after PeteFest weekend and shifts have been checked in for. Up to 5 business days after the event. If you register to volunteer, but don’t show up for your shift: no refund. You may also consider donating all or a portion of our refund back to The Pete Foundation for a great non-profit cause (that’s also tax deductible!)
If your question is not answered in these FAQs, please email [email protected] However, website registration is now closed for this event.
Thank you SO much for your interest in joining our crew!